The Belgian team’s ability to handle the most difficult trademark cases makes it a sought-out home for the most high-profile brands around.
World Trademark Review
Eleni’s practice covers all legal aspects of intellectual property law, with a particular focus on trademarks and designs, as well as unfair competition law issues. Eleni is involved in infringement proceedings before the Belgian courts and manages the trademark portfolios of clients in various industry sectors, including opposition and cancellation proceedings. Eleni has also been involved in data protection law and regulatory affairs of the life sciences sector matters.
Before joining HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER, Eleni worked as in-house counsel for Quintiles Belgium NV/SA (now IQVIA), a service provider in the healthcare and pharmaceuticals industry. Eleni also gained experience working at the European institutions as a trainee at the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) in Alicante and the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) in Brussels. She also worked at the Intellectual Property department of another law firm.
- Trademark portfolio management and trademark advisory work for Philip Morris
- Trademark advisory work for the world’s n°1 beverage company
- Trademark advisory work for Signify
- Simplot v. McCain. representing Simplot in design infringement and invalidity proceedings
- Koch v. AFIL. representing Koch in trade mark cancellation and opposition proceedings
- Association des Praticiens du droit des Marques et des Modèles (APRAM)
- Association Benelux pour le Droit des Marques et Modèles / Beneluxvereniging voor merken- en modellenrecht (BMM)
- “‘Potayto, potahto’: Rustic Twist’s potato product infringes Simplot’s Community design”, Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, November 2019, Vol 14, Issue 11: 834–836
- “Brexit: what will happen to your intellectual property rights in a ‘no deal’ scenario?”, co-author with Carina Gommers, LexGO Newsletter, 6 May 2019
- “Comparing apples with pears? A no go for the General Court”, co-author with Carina Gommers, Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, May 2019, Vol 14, Issue 5: 345-347
- “Questions particulières: les voies de recours”, co-author with L. Weynants, C. Schoonderbeek and L. Vandamme, in Traité de droit pharmaceutique – La commercialisation des médicaments à usage humain, Wolters Kluwer, 2nd edition, 2016
- Regular publications on Mr. Olivier Vrins’ website dedicated to border measures, 2007-2009
- “CFI refuses to register maple leaf as trademark”, with N. Clarembeaux, World Trademark Review (WTR), 8 April 2008
- “Parmesan is not generic for cheese, says ECJ”, with N. Clarembeaux, World Trademark Review (WTR), 28 March 2008
- “Impact du Brexit sur la propriété intellectuelle”, Lexalert webinar, 2019
Université Libre de Bruxelles (Master in law, 2010)
Université René Descartes, Paris V (DESS Droit des affaires – Juriste d’affaires européen, 2006)
Queen Mary College, University of London (LLM Intellectual Property Law, 2005)
Université de Lille 2 (Maîtrise en droit, 2004)
University of Warwick (Certificate in English Law, Erasmus program, 2004)