She collects praise for her good understanding of the topic.
Chambers & Partners Global
Marie has a recognized practice in trademark, design and copyright law. In these areas, she provides services in both advice and litigation. As far as litigation is concerned, it may be administrative or judicial. In the latter case, it can involve subjects of common law liability such as unfair competition and parasitism.
Concerning advisory work, Marie has extensive experience in both mergers and acquisitions transactions as well as in drafting and negotiating licensing agreements and, more generally, any type of contract that may affect the life of an intellectual property right. Her advisory practice also involves dealing with patent issues, such as drafting joint venture agreements between two players in the alternative energy industry or drafting patent pledge agreements.
She works on behalf of renowned French and foreign clients in many fields such as cosmetics, ready-to-wear fashion, agro-food, energy, media and entertainment.
- Represents and advises a French ready-to-wear fashion company in the defense of its brands, models and copyrights
- Advises one of the major players in the entertainment industry in the defense of its brands and copyrights
- Successfully represented one of France’s leading lingerie companies in an unfair competition and parasitism action brought forward by its main competitor
- Assists a major technology player in the context of a nullity action based on a reputed trademark
- Represents and advises one of the most important players in the luxury industry in the defense of its creations and brand
- Association des Praticiens du droit des marques et des Modèles (APRAM)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- «Marie Georges-Picot is excellent and a tough adverse party. She has a very good judgement. Very client-oriented and down to earth.» Chambers & Partners 2023
- “Georges-Picot is a contentious and transactional ace, who handles a blend of high-profile litigation, licensing and M&A work.” World Trademark Review 2023
- “Marie Georges-Picot is a key resource in trade mark, design and copyright litigation.” Legal 500 2022
- “A force to be reckoned with in the courtroom.” World Trademark Review 2022
- “The silver-tongued Marie Georges-Picot impresses in disputes and transactions alike.” World Trademark Review 2021
- “She is straightforward and is very good at presenting complicated IP issues in a way that non-IP practitioners can understand.” Chambers Global 2020
- “Prominent and likeable” World Trademark Review 2020
- “She collects praise for her good understanding of the topic.” Chambers Global 2019
- “She is very professional, quick to give answers to clients’ questions, reassuring and helpful. The way she pleads cases really is something to be seen – she’s brilliant.” World Trademark Review 2019
- “Pragmatism and a resolutely commercial focus characterize Georges-Picot’s enforcement work.” World Trademark Review 2018
- “Has outstanding knowledge and eminent experience and is impressively problem-oriented.” Legal 500 2017
University of Paris V (René Descartes) (Master’s Degree, Contract Law, 1998)
University of Paris II (Panthéon Assas) (DEA, Private Law, 1997)