Alejandro is specialised in Intellectual Property law and TMT law, both from a transactional, advisory and litigation perspective. His practice focusses on the protection of copyright, trademarks and designs, particularly for businesses active in the media and technology sector, examples including production companies; audio-visual service providers; online platforms; and other information society service providers.
With a distinct international profile, Alejandro advises multinational and mid-market clients in their negotiations dealing with collective management organisations around Europe; international agreements, including tech and software agreements, both between private entities and between companies and public institutions; and cross-border operations between Europe and Latin America and the United States. He handles proceedings dealing with copyright, patents, trademarks, tech agreements and fundamental rights before the various courts and arbitral tribunals in Spain, including the Supreme Court.
Alejandro has also been involved in projects related to competition law and the regulation of the audio-visual market.
Alejandro is in addition an IP law lecturer for Master’s students at IEBS, Valencia International University and University Carlos III.
- Part of the team advising the Republic of Costa Rica when designing their policy for the protection of indigenous cultural heritage.
- Part of the team advising ORANGE ESPAGNE in the context of the proceedings to determine EGEDA’s tariffs before the Intellectual Property Commission.
- Part of the team advising in the structure and transactional aspects of an awarded international coproduction (Oscars) between Chile, Spain, Germany, the US and The Netherlands.
- Part of the team advising Japanese VoD service provider in their negotiations with several collecting societies in Europe, including SGAE, SIAE, PRS and SACEM.
- Part of the team advising British VoD service provider in setting up their business in Spain from a regulatory perspective.
- Madrid Bar Association
- Spanish Association for Law, Robotics and AI – Lawbotics (Founding Member)
- Fashion Law Experts Association
- European AI Alliance
- Co-Author of the Guide for the Digital Musician – Chilean Author’s Society (2018)
- Chapter “Robotics” – Memento on New Technologies – Lefebvre-El Derecho (2020)
- Co-Author of the guide “Fashion Law and New Technologies” – Fashion Law Experts Association (2020)
- “The recognition of the right to an equitable remuneration for third State artists in the EU: Analysis of the CJEU Judgement in RAAP v. PPI” – Communications on Industrial Property and Competition Law (2020)
- Co-author of “With legal accent: Legal implications of deep fake” – Communications on Industrial Property and Competition Law (2021)
- Conference “New Audiences. Market Access. Digital aspects of the biomedical sector” – Course on Pharmaceutical Law – CEFI (2021)
LLM in Legal Practice – Specialized in M&A and International Business – University Carlos III (2017)
LLM in International Environmental Law and Natural Resources Law – University of Iceland – Erasmus + Programme (2015)
Bachelor of Laws – University Carlos III (2015)