Rising Star 2020
Managing Intellectual Property – IP Stars (Germany)
Beatrix Metelski advises and represents national and international clients in various fields of intellectual property law with a special focus on patent law. Her practice focuses on strategic advice and representation in complex national and cross-border patent infringement proceedings in various technical fields. In addition, she has extensive knowledge in the field of copyright law.
Beatrix studied law at the University of Osnabrück with a focus on intellectual property law. Following her graduation, she worked as a research fellow at the University of Osnabrück’s Institute for Commercial and Business Law (department of Professor Dr. Hans-Jürgen Ahrens) and deepend her knowledge in the IP field. During this time she earned her Ph.D. with a thesis regarding copyright and the principle of exhaustion of multimedia works.
Throughout her legal clerkship in the district of the Higher Regional Court Düsseldorf she further focused on IP law and especially patent law, working for an international law firm in Düsseldorf.
Beatrix is visiting lecturer for copyright law at the faculty of law of the University of Osnabrück.
- Representing a market leader in the field of optics in patent and unfair competition litigation
- Representing a major global chip manufacturer in numerous patent litigation cases
- Representing a market leader in mobile telecommunications
- Advice provided to a major German car manufacturer in relation to several patent law matters
- Advise and representation of a leading international consumer goods manufacturers in patent infringement proceedings
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER is “precise and creative, with a fantastic team who all deliver top-quality work. Their legal skills and patent litigation experience are outstanding, while their ability to understand complex technology and to engage in direct discussions with engineers is impressive. They also have a very good understanding of complex business needs and their advice is always down to earth and practical.” IAM Patent 1000, 2020
Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf (Law, 2017)
Dr. jur. University of Osnabrück (Ph.D., 2015)
1st State Exam Osnabrück (Law, 2010)
University of Osnabrück (Law, 2004)