Clients believe that it is “the best IP law firm in the country” and particularly stress: “There is no legal problem in IP that they cannot resolve.”
Chambers & Partners
Eric’s practice covers copyrights, trademarks, database rights, unfair competition, entertainment law, and corporate and financial litigation.
After graduating from VU University with three masters degrees, Eric worked in the IP departments of Houthoff and NautaDutilh. He then obtained another master’s degree at Harvard Law School, with a focus on IP and entertainment law. After that, he worked for many years at the IP/ICT and Corporate Litigation departments of De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek. In 2010 he joined Rabobank as an in-house attorney, working in financial litigation, including IP. In 2018 and 2019 he worked at Banking & Finance at Baker McKenzie. Eric joined HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER in August 2019.
- Russian State Enterprise FKP Sojuzplodoimport v. Spirits. Successfully represented the Russian State Enterprise FKP Sojuzplodoimport in (trademark) proceedings up until the Dutch Supreme Court, involving the famous Russian vodka trademarks Stolichnaya and Moskovskaya.
- Rabobank v. Reuser q.q. Succesfully represented Rabobank in proceedings up until the Dutch Supreme Court, involving a right of pledge on future assets.
- Endemol v. Castaway. Successfully represented Endemol in (copyright) proceedings up until the Dutch Supreme Court about the television format “Big Brother”.
- De Lotto v. Ladbrokes. Successfully represented De Lotto up until the Dutch Supreme Court in proceedings on games of chance.
- “Benchmarks and Derivatives”, BNP Paribas, Madrid (november 2018)
Harvard Law School (LL.M., Cum Laude)
VU University Amsterdam (LL.M. Civil Law, LL.M. Corporate Law, LL.M. Notary Law, all cum laude)