“Brilliant legal analysis and attention to detail”
Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars
Eva is a senior associate at HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER. Her practice covers all aspects of intellectual property rights, with a particular focus on trademarks and designs. Eva manages the trademark portfolios of clients in various industry sectors. This involves trademark filing and prosecution, including (Benelux and European) opposition and cancellation proceedings as well as infringement proceedings before the courts. Eva has also been involved in several high-profile patent cases and has consequently gained broad experience in cross-border patent litigation. She is also involved in commercial litigations having an IP aspect, such as distribution cases and unfair competition cases.
- Trademark portfolio management and trademark advisory work for tobacco and smoke-free products manufacturer Philip Morris.
- Trademark advisory work for the world’s number 1 beverage company.
- Trademark advisory work and trademark and design litigation work for Philips.
- Representing Merck Sharp & Dohme in patent enforcement proceedings.
- Acts for Jude Medical in trademark infringement proceedings with respect to medical devices.
- Acts for Hunter Douglas in trademark infringement proceedings.
- Acts for Promeco in trademark infringement proceedings involving issues of trademark exhaustion.
- Acts for bet365 in trademark infringement proceedings.
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- The Benelux Association of trademark and design law (BMM)
- “Liability for trade mark infringement of online marketplaces in Europe: are they ‘caught in the middle’?”, by Carina Gommers and Eva De Pauw, Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice (2020), Vol 15, Issue 2
- “Trademarks gone nuts: trademark monopolization of the visual outcome of a once patented method?”, Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, July 2019
- “Louboutin v Van Haren: white flag for red soles or provisional truce?” by Carina Gommers, Eva De Pauw and Matteo Mariano, Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, Volume 13, Issue 11, November 2018, p. 909–916
- “‘Red Sole Diaries’: a tale on the enforcement of Louboutin’s position mark” by Carina Gommers and Eva De Pauw, Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, Volume 11, Issue 4, April 2016, p. 258–269
- Regular guest speaker on “Trademarks” and “Industrial Design Rights” at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- Eva De Pauw is commended for her “brilliant legal analysis and attention to detail”. Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars 2017
Ghent University (Law, 2001)