The firm continues to dispatch patent litigation and advisory work across all sectors with dexterity, supported by a pair of technically minded in-house patent attorneys.
IAM Patent 1000
Lukasz is an attorney-at-law and a European patent attorney. He practices as a patent litigator, primarily in the fields of telecommunications, computer science, electronics and mechanics. He pleads before the TGI of Paris and the Paris Court of Appeal.
He passed the US patent bar and was registered at the USPTO during his assignment at a New York IP law firm. Initially trained as an “Ingénieur” (Master of Science in France), an inventor during his first years of professional experience, he is technically most qualified in the fields of applied cryptography, network security and digital signal processing.
He’s been integrated in a board of appeal of the EPO in Munich to observe appeal procedures from within the DG3. He has been dedicating his practice to intellectual property since 2003.
- Acting in a patent infringement case against four mobile phone manufacturers.
- Acting to invalidate patents and prove non-infringement in a case between automotive suppliers – also involving unfair competition.
- Acting in a patent infringement case relating to optical fibers.
- Acted for the holder of a large portfolio of Standards-Essential Patents (related to telecommunication standards) against a major mobile phone manufacturer.
- Acted for major players in semiconductor photolithography in a cross-border patent dispute settled for €150 million.
- Acted for a telecommunications operator in a patent infringement case initiated by a non-practicing entity against several telecommunications players in Europe.
- Acted against three telecommunications operators in a patent infringement case relating to base stations technologies.
- Acted against a patentee in an alleged infringement case relating to cryptographic protocols used in point of sales terminals, obtaining the dismissal of the case.
- Acted in a software copyright infringement case against a major technology consulting firm.
- Acted in a number of opposition or intervention proceedings at the EPO, for or against the patentees.
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- “La demande provisoire de brevet : un nouvel outil inutile et pernicieux”, Propriété Industrielle N°3, March 2020
- “Validité de brevets aux États-Unis – altération jurisprudentielle et inflation du critère d’éligibilité”, Propriété Industrielle N°1, January 2020
- Co-author of JurisClasseur Brevets (fascicle n°4489) published by LexisNexis (2017)
- Teaching EQE paper C at ASPI
- Panelist at the Paris IP summit, LexisNexis (2019)
33 rue Vivienne
33 rue Vivienne
Admitted to the CRFPA (IEJ Paris II Assas, 2015)
US patent bar (USPTO, 2010)
French qualifying examination (INPI, 2008-2009 session)
European qualifying examination (EPO, 2007)
CISSP (IT security certification, ISC2, 2003)