Trainee patent attorney
Marjolein holds an MSc and a PhD degree in physical chemistry. She specializes in catalysis, spectroscopy and inorganic chemistry. She specialized during her PhD on structure-acidity-activity relations in solid catalysts. She is in training to become a Dutch and European Patent Attorney.
Marjolein has an understanding of subjects like catalysis, in particular polymerisation and FCC catalysts, nanomaterials, biomaterial to chemicals conversion, spectroscopy, and general Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
Before joining HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER, Marjolein obtained a bachelor and master degree in chemistry at Utrecht University (with honour) where she also did her PhD. During her education, she was rewarded with an internship at Stanford University in the USA and she was, amongst other extracurricular activities and honours programs, chair of the department of Chemistry’s Participation Council, with the responsibility of co-determination in University planning and budgeting. She is co-writer of several publications in chemical journals.
- M.E.Z. Velthoen, J.M. Boereboom, R.E. Bulo, B.M. Weckhuysen, “Insights into the Activation of Silica-Supported Metallocene Olefin Polymerization Catalysts by Methylaluminoxane”, Catal. Today, 2019.
- M.E.Z. Velthoen, S. Nab, B.M. Weckhuysen, “Probing acid sites in solid catalysts with pyridine UV-Vis spectroscopy” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2018, 20, 21647-2165.
- M.E.Z. Velthoen, J.D. Meeldijk, F. Meirer, B.M. Weckhuysen “Intra- and Interparticle Heterogeneities in Solid Activators for Single-Site Olefin Polymerization Catalysis as Revealed by Micro- Spectroscopy”, Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 11944-11953.
- M.E. Z. Velthoen, A. Muñoz-Murillo, A. Bouhmadi, M. Cecius, S. Diefenbach, B. M. Weckhuysen, “The Multifaceted Role of Methylaluminoxane in Metallocene-Based Olefin Polymerization Catalysis”, Macromolecules 2018, 51, 343-355.
- Piovano, P. Pletcher, M.E.Z. Velthoen, S. Zanoni, S.H. Chung, K. Bossers, M.K. Jongkind, G. Fiore, E. Groppo, B.M. Weckhuysen, “Genesis of MgCl2-based Ziegler-Natta Catalysts as Probed with Operando Spectroscopy”ChemPhysChem 2018, 19, 2662– 2671.
- Mance, J. van der Zwan, M. E. Z. Velthoen, F. Meirer, B. M. Weckhuysen, M. Baldus, E. T. C. Vogt, “A DNP-Supported Solid-State NMR Study of Carbon Species in Fluid Catalytic Cracking Catalysts”, Chem. Commun. 2017, 53, 3933-3936.
- Angelici, M.E.Z. Velthoen, B.M. Weckhuysen, P.C.A. Bruijnincx, “Influence of Acid-Base Properties on the Lebedev Ethanol-to-Butadiene Process Catalyzed by SiO2-MgO Materials”, Catal. Sci. Technol. 2015, 5, 2869-2879.
- Munnik, M.E.Z. Velthoen, P.E. de Jongh. K.P. de Jong, C.J. Gommes, “Nanoparticle Growth in Supported Nickel Catalysts during Methanation Reaction-Larger is Better”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 9493- 9497.
- Angelici, M.E.Z. Velthoen, B.M. Weckhuysen, P.C.A. Bruijnincx, “Effect of Preparation Method and CuO Promotion in the Conversion of Ethanol into 1.3-Butadiene over SiO2-MgO Catalysts”, ChemSusChem. 2014, 7, 2505-2515.
Utrecht University, (PhD in Chemistry) (2019)
Utrecht University, (MSc) (2014)
Stanford University (Student researcher) (2014)
Utrecht University, (BSc) (2012)