‘A fully dedicated and very experienced team assisting both in terms of legal strategy and competencies than technical support‘.
Patent Attorney Trainee
Marjolein holds an MSc and a PhD degree in inorganic chemistry and is in training to become a Dutch and European Patent Attorney. She specializes in catalysis, spectroscopy, fysical chemistry and inorganic chemistry. Her PhD research focussed on structure-acidity-activity relations in solid catalysts.
Marjolein has an understanding of subjects like catalysis, in particular polymerisation and cracking catalysts, nanomaterials, biomaterial to chemicals conversion, spectroscopy, and general Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
Before joining HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER, Marjolein obtained a PhD degree in chemistry at Utrecht University, where she also obtained her bachelor and master degree in chemistry. During her education, she worked for six months as a student researcher at Stanford University in the USA and she took part in several university honours programs. She was also the chair of the department of Chemistry’s Participation Council, and part of the Science Faculty’s Participation Council, , with the responsibility of co-determination in the faculty’s planning and budgeting. Marjolein (co-)authored of several publications in chemical journals.
- M.E.Z. Velthoen, A. Lucini Paioni, I.E. Teune, M. Baldus, B.M. Weckhuysen, “Matrix Effects in a Fluid Catalytic Cracking Catalyst Particle : Influence on Structure, Acidity, and Accessibility”, Chem. Eur. J. 2020, 26, 11995-12009.
- M.E.Z. Velthoen, J.M. Boereboom, R.E. Bulo, B.M. Weckhuysen, “Insights into the Activation of Silica-Supported Metallocene Olefin Polymerization Catalysts by Methylaluminoxane”, Catal. Today, 2019.
- M.E.Z. Velthoen, S. Nab, B.M. Weckhuysen, “Probing acid sites in solid catalysts with pyridine UV-Vis spectroscopy” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2018, 20, 21647-2165.
- M.E.Z. Velthoen, J.D. Meeldijk, F. Meirer, B.M. Weckhuysen “Intra- and Interparticle Heterogeneities in Solid Activators for Single-Site Olefin Polymerization Catalysis as Revealed by Micro- Spectroscopy”, Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 11944-11953.
- M.E. Z. Velthoen, A. Muñoz-Murillo, A. Bouhmadi, M. Cecius, S. Diefenbach, B. M. Weckhuysen, “The Multifaceted Role of Methylaluminoxane in Metallocene-Based Olefin Polymerization Catalysis”, Macromolecules 2018, 51, 343-355.
- A.E. Nieuwelink, M.E.Z. Velthoen, Y.C.M. Nederstigt, K.L. Jagtenberg, F. Meirer, B.M. Weckhuysen, “Single Particle Assays to Determine Heterogeneities within Fluid Catalytic Cracking Catalysts”, Chem. Eur. J. 2020, 26, 8546-8554.
- M.K. Jongkind, T. van Kessel, M.E.Z. Velthoen, N. Friederichs, B.M. Weckhuysen, “Tuning the Redox Chemistry of a Cr/SiO2 Phillips Catalyst for Controlling Activity, Induction Period and Polymer Properties”, ChemPhysChem, 2020, 21, 1665-1674.
- Piovano, P. Pletcher, M.E.Z. Velthoen, S. Zanoni, S.H. Chung, K. Bossers, M.K. Jongkind, G. Fiore, E. Groppo, B.M. Weckhuysen, “Genesis of MgCl2-based Ziegler-Natta Catalysts as Probed with Operando Spectroscopy”ChemPhysChem 2018, 19, 2662– 2671.
- Mance, J. van der Zwan, M. E. Z. Velthoen, F. Meirer, B. M. Weckhuysen, M. Baldus, E. T. C. Vogt, “A DNP-Supported Solid-State NMR Study of Carbon Species in Fluid Catalytic Cracking Catalysts”, Chem. Commun. 2017, 53, 3933-3936.
- Angelici, M.E.Z. Velthoen, B.M. Weckhuysen, P.C.A. Bruijnincx, “Influence of Acid-Base Properties on the Lebedev Ethanol-to-Butadiene Process Catalyzed by SiO2-MgO Materials”, Catal. Sci. Technol. 2015, 5, 2869-2879.
- Munnik, M.E.Z. Velthoen, P.E. de Jongh. K.P. de Jong, C.J. Gommes, “Nanoparticle Growth in Supported Nickel Catalysts during Methanation Reaction-Larger is Better”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 9493- 9497.
- Angelici, M.E.Z. Velthoen, B.M. Weckhuysen, P.C.A. Bruijnincx, “Effect of Preparation Method and CuO Promotion in the Conversion of Ethanol into 1.3-Butadiene over SiO2-MgO Catalysts”, ChemSusChem. 2014, 7, 2505-2515.
Utrecht University, (PhD in Chemistry) (2019)
Utrecht University, (MSc) (2014)
Stanford University (Student researcher) (2014)
Utrecht University, (BSc) (2012)