HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER is “precise and creative, with a fantastic team who all deliver top-quality work. Their legal skills and patent litigation experience are outstanding, while their ability to understand complex technology and to engage in direct discussions with engineers is impressive. They also have a very good understanding of complex business needs and their advice is always down to earth and practical.”
IAM Patent 1000
Thorsten Gspandl represents and advises national and international clients with focus on patent infringement, nullity and opposition proceedings. He advises clients in particular in the technical fields of electronics, mechanics, and telecommunications.
Thorsten has been admitted to the bar since 2018. He studied law at the University of Freiburg, focusing on Intellectual Property. During his legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court Düsseldorf he, among others, worked for an international law firm in Düsseldorf and the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce in Mumbai. Furthermore, in 2019, he obtained a Master of Laws degree (LL.M.) in intellectual property and information technology law at Trinity College Dublin.
After his admission to the bar, Thorsten worked as an attorney for an international law firm in Düsseldorf.
- Representing a leading international company in the field of telecommunications in cross-border patent infringement and nullity proceedings (2019-today)
- Representing a leading international manufacturer of medical devices in cross-border patent infringement and nullity proceedings (2020-today)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
- German-Irish Lawyers and Business Association
LL.M. Trinity College Dublin (2019)
Second State Exam, Higher Regional Court Düsseldorf (2017)
First State Exam, University of Freiburg (2015)