Telecoms and pharmaceutical titan.
IAM Patent 1000
Amandine dedicates herself exclusively to patent litigation. She is involved in cases relating to telecommunications, medical devices, chemistry, pharmacy as well as mechanics and electronics.
Amandine intervenes in worldwide disputes concerning standard-essential patents and Frand licences but also in disputes relating to supplementary protection certificates and biosimilars.
She also develops her expertise in advising and litigating in the employees’ inventions field and in the context of arbitral procedures.
- Representing a French telecommunications provider against a non-practicing entity over an essential patent.
- Represented an SPC holder in a pan-European matter involving thorough discussions on article 3a of the SPC regulation.
- Representing a manufacturer of mobile devices and computers in a litigation involving standard essential patents and defended an anti-anti-suit injunction.
- Represented a major player of the veterinary field in preliminary injunction proceedings and obtaining the dismissal of the claim of the adverse party.
- Representing a packaging company in relation to an infringement action brought against it by a major competitor, leading to the revocation of the asserted patent and to the nullity of the evidence brought in support of the claim.
- Representing a French public administrative entity in various proceedings (third-party oppositions, liability actions, infringement actions) related to the lapse of an SPC.
- Represented, in defence, an automatic gate manufacturer by securing the revocation of the patent asserted against her client while this patent was subject to a second limitation procedure.
- Representing the manufacturer of a famous kitchen appliance in a patent infringement action against a competitor.
- Representing companies in proceedings relating to employees inventions.
- Advising patent holders in the context of the launch of biosimilars.
- Advising companies about employees’ inventions policy.
- Representing a market leader in patent infringement proceedings relating to laser eye surgery.
- Representing a global leader in the solar industry in patent infringement proceedings.
- Association des avocats de propriété industrielle (AAPI)
- Association internationale pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Association française pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AFPPI)
- Association des praticiens européens des brevets (APEB)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- European patent lawyers association (EPLAW)
- Licensing Executive Society (LES France)
- Co-author of the chapter on France Patent Enforcement Worldwide, published by Hart Publishing (2015)
- Master’s in economic law (specialisation in innovation law), Sciences Po Paris (course “provide evidence“ and “Patents and contracts” module)
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- “Very active. She is a star.” JUVE Patent 2022
- “Excellent litigator” JUVE Patent 2021
- “Métier also relishes the cut and thrust of cross-border SEP and FRAND licensing disputes, as well as SPC-related actions in the pharmaceutical field. Another reliable ally to pharmaceutical companies.” IAM Patent 1000 2021
- “A name to note for patent litigation. Amandine Métier is a pleasure to work with. She is hard-working and highly experienced.” Legal 500 2020
- “Telecoms and pharmaceutical titan.” IAM Patent 2019
- “Having deep knowledge of the French legal system, she handles cases with great aplomb. She is not one to pull punches in the courtroom, but is totally at home handling arbitration proceedings too.” IAM Patent 2018
- “Amandine Métier is described as “excellent” by respondents, who praise her sharp intellect and deep understanding of standard essential patents and fair, reasonable, and non -discriminatory (FRAND) terms.” Who’s Who Legal 2018
DU droit arbitrage interne et international (domestic and international arbitration law), (Montpellier University)
DESS de propriété industrielle (industrial property law) (Paris II Panthéon-Assas University)