Telecoms and pharmaceutical titan.
IAM Patent 1000
Amandine dedicates herself exclusively to patent litigation. She is involved in cases relating to telecommunications, medical devices, chemistry, pharmacy as well as mechanics and electronics.
Amandine intervenes in worldwide disputes concerning standard-essential patents and Frand licences but also in disputes relating to supplementary protection certificates.
She also develops her expertise in advising and litigating in the employees’ inventions field and in the context of arbitral procedures.
- Acting for a major mobile manufacturer in the field of telecommunications in one of the first worldwide litigation over patents declared to be essential to the 2G and 3G standards in the mid-2000s. Since then, representing the same in various litigations against other mobile manufacturers over standard essential or implementation patents in the telecoms sector.
- Representing a French telecommunications provider against a non-practicing entity over an essential patent.
- Representing an SPC holder in a pan-European matter involving thorough discussions on article 3a of the SPC regulation.
- Representing a major player of the veterinary field in preliminary injunction proceedings and obtaining the dismissal of the claim of the adverse party.
- Representing a packaging company in relation to an infringement action brought against it by a major competitor, leading to the revocation of the asserted patent and to the nullity of the evidence brought in support of the claim.
- Representing a French public administrative entity in various proceedings (third-party oppositions, liability actions, infringement actions) related to the lapse of an SPC.
- Representing, in defence, an automatic gate manufacturer by securing the revocation of the patent asserted against her client while this patent was subject to a second limitation procedure.
- Representing the manufacturer of a famous kitchen appliance in a patent infringement action against a competitor.
- Advising patent holders in the context of the launch of biosimilars.
- Advising companies about employees’ inventions policy and defending them in litigation.
- Association des avocats de propriété industrielle (AAPI)
- Association internationale pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Association française pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AFPPI)
- Association des praticiens européens des brevets (APEB)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- European patent lawyers association (EPLAW)
- Licensing Executive Society (LES France)
- Co-author of the chapter on France Patent Enforcement Worldwide, published by Hart Publishing (2015)
- Master’s in economic law (specialisation in innovation law), Sciences Po Paris (course “assurer la preuve“)
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- “A name to note for patent litigation. Amandine Métier is a pleasure to work with. She is hard-working and highly experienced.” Legal 500 2020
- “Telecoms and pharmaceutical titan.” IAM Patent 2019
- “Having deep knowledge of the French legal system, she handles cases with great aplomb. She is not one to pull punches in the courtroom, but is totally at home handling arbitration proceedings too.” IAM Patent 2018
- “Amandine Métier is described as “excellent” by respondents, who praise her sharp intellect and deep understanding of standard essential patents and fair, reasonable, and non -discriminatory (FRAND) terms.” Who’s Who Legal 2018
DU droit arbitrage interne et international (domestic and international arbitration law), (Montpellier University)
DESS de propriété industrielle (industrial property law) (Paris II Panthéon-Assas University)