‘Particularly noteworthy is Ivan Dimitrov, who is not only an absolute great professionally, but who is also a lot of fun to work with. Committed, proactive and full of ideas on how to solve problems.’
Legal 500 EMEA, Germany, 2022
Ivan Dimitrov advises and represents national and international clients in the field of intellectual property law, with a particular focus on trademarks, competition law and trade secrets. He has extensive experience in the life science, consumer electronics and consumer goods sectors, amongst others. Clients value Ivan’s in-depth expertise in intellectual property law. He regularly advises on the management of national and international trademark portfolios and develops custom-made strategies to meet the individual needs of his clients, from the application stage to the defence and enforcement of trademarks. Ivan has represented clients in complex disputes before all relevant German IP courts, including the German Federal Patent Court, as well as the German Trademark and Patent Office (DPMA). He also has experience before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the EU courts.
He studied at the University of Düsseldorf, specializing in intellectual property law. During his legal clerkship, Ivan worked for a Trademark Chamber of the Regional Court of Düsseldorf, in the IP department of an international law firm in Düsseldorf, and in an IP boutique in Washington D.C.
Upon completion of his legal clerkship, Ivan worked as a research assistant for an international law firm in Düsseldorf in the field of trademarks and unfair competition. Additionally, he participated in a visiting scholar program at Fordham Law School, NYC.
- Management of the international trademark and design portfolio as well as comprehensive advice and legal representation of one of the largest German confectionery manufacturers
- Management of the German and European trademark portfolio of one of the world´s leading pharmaceutical companies
- Management of the international trademark portfolio of a transnational technology company specializing in internet-related services and products in the areas of hotel, accommodation and meta search
- Comprehensive advice and representation of a global market leader in the field of consumer electronics in matters of trademark, competition and copyright law
- Comprehensive advice and representation of an internationally active pharmaceutical company and manufacturer of medical devices in multiple trademark as well as unfair competition law matters
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- Association of European Trade Mark Owners (MARQUES)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- Particularly noteworthy is Ivan Dimitrov, who is not only an absolute great professionally, but who is also a lot of fun to work with. Committed, proactive and full of ideas on how to solve problems. – Legal 500 EMEA, Germany, 2022
- The perfect balance between professionalism and an extremely pleasant atmosphere makes working together so easy. Deadlines are always met, feedback is prompt and the results are outstanding. Particularly noteworthy is the feeling for the client and his needs. – Legal 500 EMEA, Germany, 2022
Fordham Law School, New York, USA (2015, visiting scholar)
Second State Exam Düsseldorf (2013)
First State Exam Düsseldorf (2011)
University of Düsseldorf (2006)