Ivan Dimitrov advises and represents national and international clients in the field of intellectual property law, focusing on trademarks, unfair competition, designs and copyright.
He studied at the University of Düsseldorf, specializing in intellectual property law. During his legal clerkship, Ivan worked for a Trademark Chamber of the Regional Court of Düsseldorf, in the IP department of an international law firm in Düsseldorf, and in an IP boutique in Washington D.C.
Upon completion of his legal clerkship, Ivan worked as a research assistant for an international law firm in Düsseldorf in the field of trademarks and unfair competition. Additionally, he participated in a visiting scholar program at Fordham Law School, NYC.
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- Association of European Trade Mark Owners (MARQUES)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Management of the international trademark and design portfolio as well as comprehensive advice and legal representation of one of the largest German confectionery manufacturers
- Management of the German and European trademark portfolio of one of the world´s leading pharmaceutical companies
- Management of the international trademark portfolio of a transnational technology company specializing in internet-related services and products in the areas of hotel, accommodation and meta search
- Comprehensive advice and representation of a global market leader in the field of consumer electronics in matters of trademark, competition and copyright law
- Comprehensive advice and representation of an internationally active pharmaceutical company and manufacturer of medical devices in multiple trademark as well as unfair competition law matters
Fordham Law School, New York, USA (2015, visiting scholar)
Second State Exam Düsseldorf (2013)
First State Exam Düsseldorf (2011)
University of Düsseldorf (2006)