Managing IP Rising Star
Tim’s practice covers all areas of IP law, including trade secrets, unfair trade practices and customs seizures. He has extensive patent litigation experience.
Since being admitted to the Brussels bar and joining the firm in 2010, Tim has represented national and international clients in various sectors (such as life sciences, software and consumer goods). Prior to his qualifying as an attorney, Tim worked as a legal researcher with the Interdisciplinary Centre for Law and ICT (ICRI) at K.U.Leuven.
Tim was promoted to Counsel with the firm in January 2022.
- Yeda/Teva v. Synthon & Mylan. Representing Yeda and Teva in various proceedings against Synthon and Mylan based on the patent family with regard to glatiramer acetate, the active ingredient of Teva’s innovative drug Copaxone®.
- Pfizer v. Genentech. Representing Pfizer in an invalidity attack against some of Genentech’s patents on the trastuzumab antibody.
- Syngenta. Representation of Syngenta in litigation regarding its patents on the fungicide azoxystrobin.
- ERA Belgium v. The Brokery. Representation of ERA Belgium in a copyright dispute concerning a software package for the residential real estate industry.
- Philips v. Far East Sourcing (Golden Shaver). Representing Philips in litigation regarding copyright and industrial design rights for its well-known Philishave shavers and the European Anti-Piracy Regulation, in particular the possibility to act against goods in transit.
- Roquette Frères v. Syral Belgium. Representation of Roquette Frères in cross-border patent litigation regarding a manufacturing process for maltitol crystals.
- Forax v. Diplomatic Card S&B SA. Represented Forax in a cross-border software copyright infringement and related unfair market practices matter.
- Clayton Corporation v. Altachem. Represented American valve manufacturer Clayton Corporation in multi-jurisdictional patent litigation against Altachem (Lindal Group) regarding an improved, non-sticking valve for use on aerosol cans with 1 component PU foam.
- Saint-Gobain v. Soliver. Represented Saint-Gobain in a patent infringement action in connection to a windshield manufacturing process.
- “De Belgische Wet Bedrijfsgeheimen: een algemeen overzicht”, I.R.D.I. 2018-3/4.
- “The prima facie validity requirement for preliminary enforcement of patent rights” in F. Petillion (ed.), Handhaving van Intellectuele rechten in België. 10 jaar implementatie van de Europese Richtlijn 2004/48, Larcier 2018. Co-authored with Liesbeth Weynants.
- “Retention of ownership may prevent exhaustion”, Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice 2016, Vol. 11, N° 6. Co-authored with Carina Gommers.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- “Knowledgeable and an eye for the client’s wishes. Hard-working. Innovative solutions.” Legal 500 2021
- Managing IP Rising Star 2021 and 2022
Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, (LL.M) (Chicago, 2010)
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (Munich, 2007)
Facultés Universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix (Namur, 2005)