One to Watch in German patent litigation 2022
JUVE Patent, 2022
Carina Höfer advises and represents national and international clients in all areas of intellectual property law, with a particular focus on national and cross-border patent infringement proceedings and parallel opposition and invalidity proceedings before the European Patent Office and the German Federal Patent Court. Carina has extensive experience working with clients in the telecommunications and information technology, electronics, automotive and mechanical engineering sectors. She also advises on standard essential patents and their interface with antitrust law (FRAND).
Carina studied law at the Westfälische Wilhelms University of Münster, specialising in intellectual property law. During her legal clerkship, she continued to focus on intellectual property and worked in this field for an international law firm in Düsseldorf and for an international group in Munich. Furthermore, she obtained a Master of Laws degree (LL.M.) in intellectual property at the Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf.
Before joining HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER, Carina worked for several years as an attorney in a renowned law firm specializing in intellectual property law in Düsseldorf.
- Advising and representing one of the world’s largest manufacturers of photovoltaic products in patent infringement and validity proceedings against several competitors
- Representing a major global chip manufacturer in numerous patent litigation cases
- Representing a market leader in mobile telecommunications in cross-border patent litigation cases, involving standard-essential and implementation patents as well as FRAND issues
- Representing a chip manufacturer and automotive supplier in patent litigation cases
- Representing a major German car manufacturer in a comprehensive patent infringement litigation
- Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (GRUR)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Vereinigung von Fachleuten des Gewerblichen Rechtsschutzes (VPP)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- ChIPs Network
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- “One to Watch in German patent litigation 2022” – JUVE Patent, 2022
- “rising star, good knowledge” – JUVE, 2022/2023
- Rising Star 2022 – Managing Intellectual Property – IP Stars
LL.M. University of Düsseldorf (2016)
Second State Exam Hamm (2014)
First State Exam Hamm (2012)
University of Münster (2007)