HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER is “precise and creative, with a fantastic team who all deliver top-quality work. Their legal skills and patent litigation experience are outstanding, while their ability to understand complex technology and to engage in direct discussions with engineers is impressive. They also have a very good understanding of complex business needs and their advice is always down to earth and practical.”
IAM Patent 1000
Valentin Wagner advises and represents clients in national and cross-border litigation cases. He mainly represents clients in patent infringement and damages proceedings, including parallel opposition and nullity proceedings before the European Patent Office and the German Federal Patent Court. He advises clients in particular in the technical fields of electronics, mechanics, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
Valentin studied law at the University of Konstanz, focusing on competition law and intellectual property law. During his legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court Karlsruhe he further focused on IP law and in particular patent law, working inter alia for an international law firm in Düsseldorf and New York.
- Representing a leading telecommunications company in a multinational patent infringement case
- Representation of a global pharmaceutical company in multinational patent litigation in the field of huamn medicine
- Representation of a global market-leading manufacturer of tobacco products in several patent infringement proceedings in the field of heated tobacco products
- Representation of a leading optical company in patent litigation
- Representation of a global market-leading manufacturer of luminaires in several patent infringement proceedings
- Representation of a major mobile network operator and service provider in several patent portfolio lawsuits based on standard-essential patents
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
2nd State Exam, Higher Regional Court Karlsruhe (2017)
1st State Exam, Konstanz (2015)
University of Konstanz (2010)