HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER is “precise and creative, with a fantastic team who all deliver top-quality work. Their legal skills and patent litigation experience are outstanding, while their ability to understand complex technology and to engage in direct discussions with engineers is impressive. They also have a very good understanding of complex business needs and their advice is always down to earth and practical.”
IAM Patent 1000
Lars Baum advises and represents clients in various fields of intellectual property law, in particular on patent law. His practice focuses on strategic advice and representation in complex national and cross-border patent infringement and validity proceedings, inter alia in the technical fields of telecommunications, chip and semiconductor technology, chemistry as well as mechanics. In addition, he represents companies in various industries in design and competition law disputes.
A special focus of his practice lies in advising clients in and out of court in connection with standard-essential patents, in particular on the compulsory license defense under antitrust law («FRAND»). In addition to technical considerations, he continuously advises and represents leading mobile phone and chip manufacturers in this regard.
Lars Baum studied law with a focus on intellectual property and competition law at the University of Cologne and further deepened his knowledge in these areas, inter alia, at an international law firm as well as at a multinational chemical and consumer goods company.
Following his bar exam he joined HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER during his doctoral studies on intellectual property law and gathered additional experience in the patent law department of an international law firm in Washington, DC.
- Representation of a leading chip manufacturer in patent infringement and validity proceedings (2019-today)
- Advice and representation of mobile phone companies regarding the infringement of essential standard patents including FRAND defense
- Representation of one of the world’s leading manufacturers in the field of mobile communications in various cross-border proceedings concerning standard essential and implementation patents (2018-today)
- Advising and representing one of the world’s largest manufacturers of photovoltaic products in patent infringement and validity proceedings against several competitors (2018-today)
- Advice and representation in design infringement disputes (2018-today)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
Second State Exam in Düsseldorf (2015)
First State Exam in Cologne (2012)
University of Cologne (2007)