Clients believe that it is “the best IP law firm in the country” and particularly stress: “There is no legal problem in IP that they cannot resolve.”
Chambers & Partners
Akiva practices in all areas of intellectual property law, with a main focus on patent law.
During the course of his studies Akiva interned at the litigation section of a large law firm and gave free legal advice to start ups and private individuals on intellectual property related issues. His master’s thesis explored the enforceability of second medical use patents.
- ASML v. Nikon. Successfully representing ASML in a number of cases wherein ASML was accused of infringing various patents relating to immersion lithography.
- Research Corporation Technologies v. Accord. Representing RCT in nullity proceedings against RCT’s patent protecting the anticonvulsant lacosamide, wherein the validity of the patent was confirmed by the District Court of The Hague.
- Pfizer v. Ono. Representing Pfizer in preliminary proceedings wherein Pfizer was accused of unlawfully blocking the grant of a patent applied for by Ono. Ono’s claims were rejected both in first instance and on appeal.
- Abbott v. Holland Trading Group. Successfully representing Abbott in various proceedings relating to the illicit trade in Abbott’s Freestyle Lite diabetes test strips in counterfeit packaging.
- Ceva v. Bayer. Representing Ceva in preliminary injunction proceedings wherein Ceva was accused of infringing a patent directed at a combination medication for piglets. Contrary to the decision of the EPO’s Opposition Division, the District Court of The Hague held that there was a serious non-negligible chance that the patent would be invalidated in main proceedings, and rejected the PI.
University of Amsterdam (Information Law, LLM, 2016)
University of Amsterdam (Bachelor of Laws, 2014)
Cornell University Law School (Exchange Semester, 2013)