Managing IP Rising Star
Roeland is a senior associate at HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER and practices in all areas of intellectual property law. Roeland represents national and international clients in proceedings with respect to telecommunications, life sciences, chemicals, software and consumer products. Roeland also litigates and advises on (IP-related) competition law and commercial contracts.
In 2015, Roeland gained both international and in-house experience outside our firm, when he was seconded to an IP boutique firm in London and a Dutch multinational involved in health technology and consumer electronics.
- Nikon v. ASML. Representing ASML in multiple patent infringement proceedings regarding its immersion lithography machines, confirming the invalidity of Nikon’s patents.
- Philips v. ASUSTeK, Wiko and Archos. Representing Philips on FRAND and other non-technical defenses in standard essential patent litigation against multiple defendants.
- Simplot v. McCain. Representing Simplot in design right infringement proceedings, confirming the validity and infringement of Simplot’s design by McCain’s ‘Rustic Twist’.
- Secrid v. defendants. Representing Secrid in various litigation matters for infringement of its patents, design rights and copyrights.
- AkzoNobel v. Kirs. Representing AkzoNobel in copyright infringement proceedings regarding software for paint mixing machines.
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Vereniging Intellectueel Eigendom Procesrecht Advocaten (VIEPA)
- Young European Patent Lawyers Association (Young EPLAW)
- Overview of Dutch Copyright law for Kluwer’s Copyright Litigation Smart Charts™ 2013-2019 (kluweriplaw.com)
- Guest lecturer at Leiden University and Tilburg University
Erasmus University Rotterdam (Corporate Law, LLM, 2012)
Universität Hamburg, Università di Bologna, University of Haifa (European Master in Law & Economics, LLM, 2011)
Erasmus University Rotterdam (Economics and Business Economics, BSc, 2010)