Clients hail the firm as “an extremely high quality IP boutique,” with one source adding: “The lawyers are really experienced and dedicated only to IP”.
Chambers & Partners
Mar advises and represents national and international clients in all areas of intellectual property law. The focus of her work is on strategic advice and litigation relating to patents, trademarks, and other IP rights, having particular expertise in participating in cross-border litigation. She works for clients across a range of sectors including life sciences, telecoms, mechanics, cosmetic industry or consumer goods.
Mar also advises clients in pre-contentious and contentious matters in the areas of copyright, designs and unfair competition, and has gained experience providing advice also with regard to advertising and labelling, and in various IP related contractual issues.
Prior to joining HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER, she interned at HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER’s Paris office and at other French and Spanish intellectual property boutique firms. She has been admitted to the Paris and Madrid Bars.
- Representing Huawei in know-how, breach of contract, patent infringement and validity proceedings.
- Representing and advising global veterinary pharmaceutical group Ceva in in several patent litigation proceedings in relation to the launch of a new product.
- Successfully representing Chanel in patent infringement and validity proceedings brought by a Spanish company in the biotech field.
- Successfully representing Fractus, Spanish company pioneer in the development of antennas for smartphones, in patent infringement and interim relief proceedings, having obtained ex parte preliminary injunctions prohibiting the promotion of devices during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
- Madrid Bar Association (2017)
- Young European Patent Lawyers Association (Young EPLAW)
- Spanish Chapter (Spain) in Global Patent Litigation: Strategy and Practice (by Willem Hoyng and Frank Eijsvogels), Kluwer Law International. 2016-2020 Supplements. Co-authored with Luis Fernández-Novoa, Jose Antonio Sanmartín, Álvaro Velázquez Laura Cantero and Carmen Amor.
- “Los conceptos de usuario informado y grado de libertad del diseñador en materia de diseño industrial y de singularidad competitiva en materia de competencia desleal”, Comunicaciones en Propiedad Industrial y Derecho de la Competencia, No. 85, Septiembre-Diciembre 2018. Co-authored with Carmen Amor.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- Notable Practitioner. Managing Intellectual Property 2020-2021
- Rising Star. Managing IP 2018-2019
Paris Bar School (2016)
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas (Master 2 Droit du Multimédia et de l’Informatique, 2015)
Universidad Complutense de Madrid / Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne (Law Degree, 2014)