Florence Jacquand is excellent on legal aspects and is also very comfortable on technical aspects, which facilitates the collaboration. She is a very pleasant person to work with.
Florence specializes in patent litigation and related matters such as unfair competition and trade secrets. She works notably on cases involving chemistry, mechanics as well as electronics.
Her activity covers legal issues in many areas, from patent validity and infringement, employees inventions, to contractual disputes.
She joined the team in 2019, following a 12-year career working for a niche firm specialized in industrial property law, and 6 years at Véron & Associés where she was promoted to partner in 2017.
- Florence acts in several lawsuits for a Japanese company, leader in the printing industry.
- Florence defended a company leader in animal health industry and obtained the dismissal of a patent invalidity action brought by its client’s main competitor.
- Florence intervened on appeal in a case involving a company specializing in technical fabrics and in which record damages were awarded to the patentee; on appeal, the patent has been declared invalid and the infringement claim has been dismissed.
- Association française pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AFPPI)
- Association internationale pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Association des praticiens européens des brevets (APEB)
- Patent Litigation Guide – France – Law and Practice (Chambers Global Practice guides, 2018)
- “Litigating indirect infringement in France and across Europe – Claim your indirect rights directly right – Cross border patent issues with essential elements” (Table ronde UNION-IP – Office allemande des brevets, Munich, 23 février 2018)
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- “Versatile practitioner with fluency in everything from chemistry and human and animal health to electronics.” IAM Patent 1000 2020
- “Florence Jacquand is excellent on legal aspects and is also very comfortable on technical aspects, which facilitates the collaboration. She is a very pleasant person to work with.” Legal 500 2020
DESS de propriété industrielle (industrial property) (Paris II Panthéon-Assas University)