Managing IP Rising Star
Marta’s expertise covers the entire intellectual property and particularly the patent and trade secret litigation. Marta handles cases of infringement and invalidity in the fields of domestic appliances, cosmetic, mechanics, video games, telecommunications, medical devices and chemistry. She also handles cases with respect to compensation for employee inventions. She has also been ensuring full coordination of litigation spreading over 15 countries plus EPO proceedings.
Attorney-at-law since 2007, Marta Mendes first worked for a niche firm in industrial property law then in the IP/TMT department of an international firm where her practice has extended to trademark, design and unfair competition cases in the field of Internet services, textiles and cosmetics.
She joined the team in January 2011 and became a partner in 2021.
- Acting for a leader in the video game industry to enforce three of its patents covering various features of video game controllers enhancing the user’s gaming experience.
- Acting for a truck manufacturer in a litigation over patents relating to fuel saving features.
- Representing a leading orthopaedic medical devices manufacturer in a litigation over trade secrets.
- Defending a world specialist in energy management, in proceedings regarding the infringement of two patents relating to certain features of biometric devices.
- Defending a leading player in the gaming industry in an infringement suit relating to a console accessory.
- Coordinating of cross-border litigation for a veterinary health company specialized in pharmaceutical products and vaccines.
- Association Française pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AFPPI)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Licensing Executives Society France (LES France)
- Comment decision Biogaran v. Laboratoires Negma, Laboratoire Medidom, CA Paris, 31 January 2014 (eplawpatentblog.com)
- Comment decision HTC v. Nokia: TGI Paris, 29 November 2013 (eplawpatentblog.com)
- “A patent held in a binding ruling to have been infringed is subsequently revoked: restitution of the damages is denied.“ IIC № 4/2012
- “Condamnation pour contrefaçon d’un brevet d’invention : conséquences de l’annulation postérieure du brevet” Semaine juridique, édition entreprises et affaires, № 18 du 3 mai 2012
- “Pay back”, Intellectual Property Magazine, May 2012, page 89
- “A patent held in a binding ruling to have been infringed is subsequently revoked: restitution of the damages is denied.” IIC № 4/2012
- Lectures in the professional master degree of intellectual property law (Lyon II / Lyon III) since 2012, in particular with respect to litigation on employee inventions
- Presentation at the seminar AIPPI “France meets Italy in IP : a story of food and fashion” of 31 January and 1st February 2019 on the subject of “trade secrets / protection of recipes”
- Speech at the “Europe / Japan Mock Trial” conference, EPLAW, on 23 September 2016
33 rue Vivienne
33 rue Vivienne
Master II de recherche en droit de l’Union Européenne (research in European Union law) (Paris II Panthéon-Assas University)
DESS de propriété industrielle (industrial property) (Paris II Panthéon-Assas University)