Sebastian Kratzer specializes in national and international patent litigation. He advises and represents clients in patent infringement and validity proceedings before German courts as well as the Unified Patent Court and parallel opposition proceedings before the European Patent Office. In particular, Sebastian’s expertise comprises litigating patents in the field of telecommunications, information technology, software and hardware, electronics, high-tech engineering, mechanics, automotive, medical devices, life sciences and pharmaceuticals. He also advises on standard essential patents and their interface with antitrust law (FRAND), both in litigation and in complex out-of-court licensing negotiations. In addition, Sebastian advises clients in comprehensive freedom-to-operate-analysis as well as in employee invention law.
Sebastian studied law at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich, specialising in intellectual property law, antitrust law and unfair competition law. During and after his clerkship at the Munich Higher Regional Court, Sebastian worked as a research assistant at the Chair of Corporate and Intellectual Property Law at the Technical University of Munich.
Prior to joining HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER, Sebastian worked for several years as attorney-at-law in the patent litigation practice group of a full-service German law firm and, most recently, as counsel in the patent litigation team of an international law firm.
- Representation of a leading manufacturer of mobile devices in multiple cross-border patent litigations concerning standard-essential patents and implementation patents
- Representation of a further major manufacturer of mobile devices in a patent infringement case concerning standard-essential patents
- Representation of a well-known mobile app provider in patent litigation concerning location-based network services
- Representation of an automotive supplier in patent litigation
- Representation of a manufacturer of 3D printer devices in a complex patent dispute
- Representation a actuator manufacturer in patent litigation
- Advising on licencing issues related to standard-essential patents
- German Association for Intellectual Property Law (GRUR)
Second state exam in Munich (2015)
First state exam in Munich (2013)
Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich (2007)