‚A fully dedicated and very experienced team assisting both in terms of legal strategy and competencies than technical support‘.
Trainee Patent Attorney
Bumjoon is training to become a Dutch and European Patent Attorney. He focuses on patent prosecution support in the areas of electrical engineering, material science, mechanical engineering, and computer-related technologies. He has extensive research experience in physics, specialising in 3D direct-laser-writing, quantum optical memory, integrated circuits, environmental sensing, and imaging.
Before joining HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER, Bumjoon was a researcher at Leibniz Institute of Photonic Technology and Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena where he is expecting to receive a doctoral degree soon. He has served research roles in Korea, UK, and Germany. He has published multiple first-authored and co-authored journal articles and received the best paper award in an international conference.
- Jang, J. Gargiulo, J. Kim, J. Bürger, S. Both, H. Lehmann, T. Wieduwilt, T. Weiss, S. A. Maier, M. A. Schmidt,“Fiber-integrated hollow-core light cage for gas spectroscopy“, APL Photonics 6, 061301 (2021)
- Davidson-Marquis, J. Gargiulo, E. Gómez-López, B. Jang, T. Kroh, C. Müller, M. Ziegler, S. A. Maier, H. Kübler, M. A. Schmidt, O. Benson, „Coherent interaction of atoms with a beam of light confined in a light cage“, Light Science & Applications 10, 114 (2021)
- Bürger, J. Kim, B. Jang, J. Gargiulo, M.A. Schmidt, S.A. Maier, „Ultrahigh-aspect-ratio light cages: fabrication limits and tolerances of free-standing 3D nanoprinted waveguides,“ Opt. Mater. Express 11, 1046-1057 (2021)
- Kim, B. Jang, J. Gargiulo, J. Bürger, J. Zhao, S. Upendar, T. Weiss, S. A. Maier, M. A. Schmidt, „The optofluidic light cage — an innovative approach for integrated spectroscopy using an on-chip anti-resonance hollow-core waveguide“, Analytical Chemistry 93(2), 752 (2021)
- Jang, J. Gargiulo, M. Ziegler, R. Fatobene-Ando, U. Hübner, S. A. Maier, M. A. Schmidt, „Fine-tuning of the optical properties of hollow-core light cages using dielectric nanofilms“, Optics Letters 45, 196 (2020).
- Jang, J. Gargiulo, R. F. Ando, A. Lauri, S. A. Maier, M. A. Schmidt, „Light guidance in photonic band gap guiding dual ring light cages implemented by direct laser writing“, Optics Letters 44, 4016 (2019).
- F. Ando, A. Hartung, B. Jang, and M. A. Schmidt, „Approximate model for analyzing band structures of single-ring hollow-core anti-resonant fibers“, Optics Express 27, 10009 (2019).
- C. Jain, A. Braun, J. Gargiulo, B. Jang, G. Li, H. Lehmann, S. A. Maier, and M. A. Schmidt, „Hollow core light cage: Trapping light behind bars“, ACS Photonics 6, 649–658 (2019).
Rembrandt Tower, 30th floor
1096 HA Amsterdam
P.O. Box 94361
1090 GJ Amsterdam
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Physics (Ph.D. candidate) (2017- Present)
Yonsei University, Physics (B.S. and M.S.) (2017)