“Thomas, Christina and Mathis all show dedication to clients, an ability to explain German trademark law simply and an excellent capacity to work as part of an international team on cross-border matters. I would recommend them to anyone looking for committed and responsive counsel – they are first class.”
World Trademark Review 1000: The World´s Leading Trademark Professionals 2021
Christina Tenbrock, bar-certified specialist for intellectual property law, advices and represents clients in various fields of intellectual property law, in particular in trademark law, design law and unfair competition law, including the law on advertising of pharmaceutical and medicinal products.
She has extensive litigation experience in national and crossborder infringement proceedings and regularly conducts opposition and nullity proceedings before the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA) as well as the EUIPO.
Outside of court, she advises clients on marketing campaigns and product launches, on border seizure proceedings and on various contractual issues. During her legal clerkship (Referendariat) with the Higher Regional Court Düsseldorf, she worked for various international law firms specializing in intellectual property law, for a global pharmaceutical company and at the German Embassy in London. After her second state examination, she continued her specialization in IP with a master’s degree (LL.M.) at the Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf.
She deepened her expertise in pharmaceutical law in 2014/2015 through a secondment at the German subsidiary of a globally leading, research-oriented British pharmaceutical group.
- Extensive advice and representation of a global manufacturer of original pharmaceutical preparations in the field of trademarks and unfair competition; in particular enforcement of non-traditional trademarks (color trademarks and 3D trademarks) in multinational litigation.
- Representation of a medical device manufacturer in the field of competition law, drug advertising law and medical device law.
- Enforcement of claims for damages due to patent infringement by premature entry of generic drugs for a French pharmaceutical company; advice on the enforcement of legal data protection under the German Medicinal Product Act (AMG).
- Advice and strategic positioning of a South Korean automobile manufacturer with regard to the defence of one of the company’s most highly valued trademarks, including counter-attacks before the EUIPO / DPMA.
- Advising the leading manufacturer of small electrical appliances and household goods in the context of a patent dispute with a competitor; strategic positioning with regard to an upcoming trade fair appearance
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG)
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- “Thomas, Christina and Matthis all show dedication to clients, an ability to explain German trademark law simply and an excellent capacity to work as part of an international team on cross-border matters. I would recommend them to anyone looking for committed and responsive counsel – they are first class.” World Trademark Review 1000: The World´s Leading Trademark Professionals 2021
- Christina Tenbrock won the Lawyer Monthly 2018 Women in Law Awards for Intellectual Property (Germany)
- Managing Intellectual Property – IP Stars (Trade Mark, Germany):
Rising Star 2020
Rising Star 2019
Rising Star 2018
LL.M. in intellectual property law, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (2011)
Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf (Law, 2011)
University of Cologne (Law, 2008), Universidad Carlos III
Madrid, Spain (Law, 2004/2005), University of Trier (Law, 2002)