Sabine Agé is one of the best-known contentious stars in the country. She is an absolutely excellent lawyer – top in her field. There aren’t many individuals as comfortable considering the international elements of complex cases as she is.
IAM Patent 1000
Sabine has dedicated herself to patent litigation for more than 20 years.
She is particularly involved in matters with cross-border aspects implying multiple parallel foreign litigations.
She developed particular expertise in matters relating to standard-essential patents in the electronics and telecommunications areas. She is also active in the fields of biotech, pharmacy, chemistry and medical devices, as well as that of domestic appliances and convenience goods.
She is active in many professional national and international associations, a regular speaker in conferences and a lecturer on patent litigation in various university courses.
Sabine is the managing partner of the French offices.
- Representing a leader in the gene sequencing industry for the enforcement of several of its patents.
- Acting for a wind industry major actor in a patent infringement litigation brought against one of its main competitors.
- Acting for the holder of a large portfolio of patents declared essentiel to the UMTS and LTE standards against mobile manufacturers.
- Representing a global leader in the solar industry in patent infringement proceedings.
- Representing a manufacturer of mobile devices and computers in a litigation involving standard essential patents and defended an anti-anti-suit injunction.
- Representing a French telecommunications provider against a non-practicing entity over an essential patent.
- Representing a leader in the video game industry to enforce three of its patents covering various features of video game controllers enhancing the user’s gaming experience.
- Representing a truck manufacturer in a litigation over patents relating to fuel saving features.
- Representing a leading orthopaedic medical devices manufacturer in a litigation over trade secrets.
- Advising patent holders in the context of the launch of biosimilars.
- Advising a giant in the cosmetic industry over the infringement of its patents by various competitors.
- Representing the manufacturer of a famous kitchen appliance in a patent infringement action against a competitor.
- Association des avocats de propriété industrielle (AAPI)
- Association française pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AFPPI)
- Association internationale pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Association des praticiens européens des brevets (APEB)
- European patent lawyers association, former secretary and advisory board member (EPLAW)
- Federal Circuit Bar Association (FCBA)
- Groupe Rhône-Alpes de l’Association française et de l’Association internationale pour la Protection de la propriété intellectuelle (GRAPI)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Licensing Executive Society (LES France)
- Co-author of the chapter for France of Global Patent Litigation: how and where to win edited by Michael C. Elmer and Gregory Gramenopoulos and published by Bloomberg BNA (3rd Edition, 2018)
- Co-author of the chapter on France of Thomson Reuters, Patent Litigation (Practical Law, 3rd Edition, 2016)
- Co-author of Saisie-contrefaçon, published by the leading French publisher Dalloz and edited by Pierre Véron (third edition, 2013-2014)
- Lectures on patent litigation at the CEIPI (Centre d’études internationales de la propriété industrielle, Centre of International Industrial Property Studies), Université Robert Schuman, Strasbourg
- Lectures on evidence in IP matters at the master in economic law (specialisation in innovation law), Sciences Po Paris
- Active speaker at FCBA Global Series conferences
- Regular speaker in French and international conferences
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- “Sabine is a master strategist in patent litigation; she is always one step ahead of her adversaries. She is enormously experienced and one of the top patent litigators in Europe.” IAM Patent 2023
- “Sabine Agé, Florence Jacquand, Caroline Levesque and Amandine Métier are an excellent team. They are extremely experienced in all aspects of patent litigation. Working with them is very reassuring. In particular, they are very comfortable handling multi-jurisdictional patent litigation. They are convincing to the magistrates during oral hearings, which is a considerable asset for the clients.” IAM Patent 2023
- „She is very efficient in patent cases, knows the field perfectly and is very confident, organized and clear.“ Chambers & Partners 2023
- „Sabine is a very strong patent litigator. She is also a lovely person.” Chambers & Partners 2023
- „Sabine is one of those lawyers with who you automatically know you are in good hands and there is nothing to worry about.“ Chambers & Partners 2023
- “One of the best in the market.” JUVE Patent 2023
- “Very quick to understand cases” IAM Patent 2022
- “Sabine Agé is a lawyer of rare excellence in the field of patents in France.” Legal 500 2022
- “Sabine Agé is lauded as an „excellent strategist“ who is well versed in handling cross-border patent litigations.” Chambers & Partners 2022
- “Really good” JUVE Patent 2022
- “Sabine Agé instils trust in clients by providing solid advice every time. She is a stellar patent litigator – perhaps the best in France.” IAM Patent 1000 2021
- “Top, I would follow her wherever she goes.” JUVE Patent 2021
- “She is very active and has a lot of important patent cases.“ Chambers & Partners 2021
- “She is recognised for her patent litigation practice, with clients highlighting her very good knowledge of the French patent court system, availability and business-oriented approach.” Chambers Global 2020
- “Great Quality” JUVE Patent 2020
- “Sabine is one of the absolute leaders in French patent litigation. She is very good and quite the fighter.” IAM Patent 1000 2020
- “Fluent and impressive advocate. Bright, hardworking and strategic.” Legal 500 2020
- “She is the best choice in France” IAM Patent 1000 2019
- “Knows the patent litigation scene well. Very rigorous. Really likes to go deep into the details.” IAM Patent 1000 2019
- “Sabine Agé is one of the best-known contentious stars in the country. She is an absolutely excellent lawyer – top in her field. There aren’t many individuals as comfortable considering the international elements of complex cases as she is.’” IAM Patent 2018
- “Sabine Agé ranks among the very elite of practitioners in our research, with commentators describing her as ‘a phenomenal patent litigator’. Having specialised in intellectual property for more than 24 years, she is internationally regarded as an expert in the field.” Who’s Who Legal France 2018
- Ranked among WIPR 80 Influential Women (2019) and IP Stars Top 250 Women in IP (2017, 2018, 2019,2021)
Master in business law, Lyon III university