Agathe’s practices focusses on patent litigation.
She has handled patent cases in the telecommunications and pharmaceuticals fields, as well as relating to food processors, packaging and medical devices, often in the context of worldwide disputes.
Prior to joining the team in 2012, Agathe notably completed internships with a French international law firm and with the Intellectual property department of the Orange group.
- Representing a packaging company in relation to an infringement action brought against it by a major competitor, leading to the revocation of the asserted patent and to the nullity of the evidence brought in support of the claim.
- Representing a French telecommunications provider against a non-practicing entity over an essential patent.
- Representing an SPC holder in a pan-European matter involving thorough discussions on article 3a of the SPC regulation.
- Defending a leading chemical company in an unfair competition action brought by a competitor in relation to a sealed container of blood glucose test strips.
- Representing a French public administrative entity in various proceedings (third-party oppositions, liability actions, infringement actions) related to the lapse of an SPC.
- Acting for French start-up in a patent ownership claim filed by a competitor in the field of financial data handling.
- Representing the manufacturer of a famous kitchen appliance in a patent infringement action against a competitor.
- Representing patent holders in field of telecommunications, in the context of worldwide litigations, over patents declared to be essential to standards and implementation patents.
- Association française pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AFPPI)
- Association internationale pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Drafting the 8th edition of the section Saisie-contrefaçon in the book Droit et pratique des voies d’exécution published in the Dalloz Action series
- Young Eplaw, Jurisdiction in patent cases, 15 April 2019
- Regular lecturer in the professional master’s degree of intellectual property law (Lyon II / Lyon III)
- Young Eplaw, How to plead a case, 15 April 2018
- Lecturer in the Master II “Droit du marché” (market law) (Nantes University) (presentation on patent law), 2018
33 rue Vivienne
33 rue Vivienne
Master II in « droit de la propriété littéraire, artistique et industrielle » (literary, artistic and industrial property law) (Paris II Panthéon–Assas university).